Train in voice, dance and theatre in a capital city with a vibrant cultural sector.
Study music theatre at The University of Adelaide
Commencing in 2019, the Elder Conservatorium of Music will launch the study of music theatre, which will prepare students for a career in live theatre entertainment. The University of Adelaide is the only University in the state to offer this intensive physical and intellectual training, where you will develop and combine your dance, drama and voice skills to shape yourself into a flexible and professional performer.
As a music theatre student you will:
- Gain specialised skills in music, voice, dance and theatre
- Receive one-on-one training and feedback
- Join an exclusive collection of like-minded performers
- Develop your self-confidence, physical presence, communication and collaboration skills
- Learn from our highly accomplished and industry-active staff
- Study at the prestigious Elder Conservatorium
Established in 1883, The Elder Conservatorium of Music at The University of Adelaide is the oldest tertiary music school in Australia and one of the country’s leading music institutions. As a music theatre student, you will benefit from our small class sizes that ensure you gain individualised feedback and training, to help you grow and strengthen your skills as a performer. Additionally you will benefit from invaluable experience through University partnerships with the Adelaide Festival, South Australian Film Corporation, State Opera of South Australia, Adelaide Cabaret Festival and Adelaide Fringe.
- Theatre director
- Stage production
- Lighting and sound
- Entertainment industry
How can I study music theatre
*Entry into the program is competitive and requires an audition.