The Faculty of Arts conducts innovative and creative research with impact to contribute to society using a range of methods on diverse topics including sustainability, innovative public policy and community growth and engagement.
We have a number of research groups and centres within the Faculty of Arts which undertake a wide array of research across many disciplines.
Our research areas
Our research groups
- Hugo Centre for Migration and Population Research (Hugo)
- Centre for Housing, Urban and Regional Planning (CHURP)
- National Centre for Aboriginal Language and Music Studies (NCALMS)
- Fay Gale Centre for Research on Gender (FGC)
- J.M. Coetzee Centre for Creative Practice (JMCCCP)
- Mobile Language Team (MLT)
- Sia Furler Institute for Contemporary Music and Media
- Smart Cities
- Adaptation, Community, Environment (ACE) Research Group
- Food Values Research Group