Join the Elder Conservatorium of Music and be guided through vocal expression in our classical voice program.
Study classical voice at The University of Adelaide
As a classical voice student at The University of Adelaide, you will receive one-to-one tuition, specialist vocal classes and language instruction in Italian, German and French to prepare you for a global vocal career. The Elder Conservatorium collaborates with the State Opera of South Australia, the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra and the Adelaide Festival, giving you the opportunity to actively perform and perfect your art.
As a classical voice student you will:
- Explore musical theory, sight-singing and specialised aural training
- Gain ensemble experience by joining one of our choirs
- Discover stagecraft and theatre skills
- Work with internationally renown performers and teachers
- Receive feedback given in one-on-one lessons to perfect your vocal techniques
- Perform in operatic and musical theatre productions
- Have access to Elder Hall, one of Australia's prestigious performance venues
- Be part of a lively and collegial community
Established in 1883, The Elder Conservatorium of Music at The University of Adelaide is the oldest tertiary music school in Australia and one of the country’s leading music institutions. Our classical voice teaching staff have a wealth of experience as international performers and teachers. With their advanced language skills and broad knowledge of the vocal repertoire, our teachers will ensure you are prepared for a career anywhere in the world.
- Opera singer
- Recording artist
How can I study classical voice?
* Note: entrance into the Bachelor of Music (Classical Voice) is by audition.
"It's great to be able to do what I love every day. I enjoy how the whole degree is about singing and how music works. Everyone should have some music in their lives! "Xin (Crystal) Er Neoh