Unleash your musical passion and embark on a classical performance career.
Study classical performance at The University of Adelaide
Learn from elite musicians at the Elder Conservatorium of Music. As a classical performance student at The University of Adelaide, you will receive one-on-one instrumental training, performance forums and a wide range of ensemble performance activities to help you reach your full potential.
As a classical performance student you will:
- Study and master the best possible technique for your chosen instrument with weekly one-on-one tuition
- Discover additional composers and music styles to enhance your repertoire
- Develop aural, theoretical and historical studies
- Attend technique and repertoire classes
- Have access to world-renown classical musicians who regularly perform as well as teach
- Gain confidence through orchestral and chamber music activities, and more.
The Elder Conservatorium of Music at The University of Adelaide is the oldest tertiary music school in Australia and one of the country’s leading music institutions. Instruments offered for tuition include:
- classical brass (trumpet, trombone, tuba, French horn, euphonium)
- classical keyboard (piano, organ, harpsichord)
- classical percussion
- classical strings (violin, viola, cello, double bass, guitar, harp)
- classical woodwind (flute, clarinet, oboe, bassoon, saxophone, recorder).
As a classically trained music performance graduate you will be well equipped to pursue a career bringing your passion for music to life.
- Band musician
- Orchestral musician
- Chamber musician
- Recording artist
How can I study music performance - classical?
* Note: entrance into the Bachelor of Music (Classical Performance) is by audition.
"If music is your passion as mine has always been, let the Elder Conservatorium of Music at Adelaide University inspire and help you to elevate your potential and open your eyes to unlimited opportunities and pathways. Not only will you become the musician you have worked hard to become, you will also make friendships to last a lifetime."Caleb Lavery-Brook