Forms and Policies

If you are a Faculty of Arts student, you will find all relevant forms and policies to help you with your studies below. 

  • Enrolment errors

    Form Description
    Course full form If you receive a 'class full' error, you are encouraged to select another class to enrol into. Alternatively, you can contact the Arts office.
    Timetable clash resolution If you have a timetable clash, contact Ask Adelaide.
    Unit overload request For students who wish to enrol in more than 15 units per semester. A minimum GPA of 5.5 is required to be considered for approval.


  • Enrolment forms

    Enrolment forms  
    Dropping a course Information on how you can drop a course.
    Course-add late To add a course after the last day to add online, but before the census date. The form needs to be signed by the relevant Course Coordinator.

    Non-award study

    For students requiring a variation to their current enrolment past the census date, due to special circumstances.
    Non-Award study - amend enrolment If you are currently enrolled as a Non-Award student and need to add or drop a course. 
    Variation to program rules For students seeking approval to vary the rules of their program. Approval is only given in exceptional circumstances.


  • Academic forms

    Other academic forms  
    Academic task extension For assignment extensions. Appropriate supporting documentation must be included.
    Assessment Cover sheet For all assessments.
    Credit transfer

    For students wanting to apply for credit for previous study.

    Cross-institutional studies for Classic Majors students

    The Faculty of Arts has organised a special arrangement with the University of New England for Classics major students.

    Cross-Institutional Study (University of Adelaide students)

    Students enrolled at the University of Adelaide may apply to study courses offered by other universities cross-institutionally.

    Cross Institutional Study (Non-University of Adelaide students)

    Students enrolled at other universities may apply to study courses offered by the Faculty of Arts cross-institutionally. 
    Discontinuation of studies

    If you no longer wish to continue your studies, you should withdraw from all of your courses via Access Adelaide, taking into account the critical withdrawal dates.


    Internal transfer You may change your mind on your career path during your studies. To undertake an internal transfer, lodge an application.
    Leave of absence

    Once you have started your studies you may find that you need a break. Taking a formal leave of absence and deferring your studies allows you to suspend your studies for six months to a year, while still remaining admitted to your degree. Please note that not all degrees will allow a leave of absence. 

    Letter request Verify your enrolment details, study load, completion details, conferral and holiday dates.
    Request a degree check Use the degree check feature to ensure you have completed the correct courses or find out your eligibility for completion.
    Replacement examination Modified Arrangements may be provided to a student in the event that their capacity to demonstrate their true level of competence in an assignment or examination was, is or will be significantly impaired as a result of medical, compassionate or extenuating circumstances. Schools may offer students another alternative form of assessment, instead of an exam.


  • Policies

    Academic Progress by Coursework students This policy describes ways the University can identify and support coursework students if their academic performance becomes unsatisfactory.
    Conditions of Enrolment Please read the rules about studying at the University of Adelaide.


Can't find what you're looking for? Check out the current student forms.

Need help?

Drop into the Arts office, or make an appointment with the Student Support team.

Book an appointment