Master of Arts
Follow your passion of arts with a master's course specifically designed to refine and grow your skills.
Study a Master of Arts at The University of Adelaide
The Master of Arts is designed to provide graduates the opportunity to think, perform and grow to new levels, while developing advantageous transferable skills. Students benefit from small group learning and regular close contact with research active academic mentors to produce high quality academic work.
As a Master of Arts student, you will:
- Complete 12 units worth of core courses in your chosen discipline
- Undertake a 6-unit internship to gain hands-on experience in an organisation related to their career aspirations.
- Pursue your interests in greater depth
- Take elective courses from outside your primary discipline area to develop cross-disciplinary thinking and the ability to apply your knowledge to complex problem solving.
Choose from one of four specialist areas
- Creative practice in music (extension pathway only)
- Environmental studies
- Global media
- International relations
"My degree qualifies me to read, write and speak 3 languages other than English and I believe that this opens up a multiplicity of opportunities. I know future employers will appreciate the value of the skills that my degree has given me, as well as the institution that it has come from."
"My degree has enabled me to complete an internship and various electives which have allowed me to gain practical experience and insight to other societal issues. This has complimented both my degrees extremely well with some areas slightly overlapping, consequently reinforcing my knowledge of these concepts."
Start in 2020
Mid-Year entry for the Master of Arts means you can start in July.
For the time being, our programs are being delivered online so you can join us from any location.