Make your mark on the visual communication industry.
Study visual design at The University of Adelaide
The work of graphic designers is visible everywhere. As a graphic design student at The University of Adelaide, you will have access to industry-standard technologies and learn the design principles required to launch your career. Study the history and function of design, gain general knowledge in multiple art forms and bring your unique ideas to life with creative projects.
As a visual design student you will:
- Experiment with graphic styles, materials and ideas with industry-standard software
- Research and analyse art and design principles and history
- Investigate design problems and discuss creative solutions
- Discover commercial practices within the graphic design industry
- Explore the life of a design project from initial concept to final publication
- Showcase your individual expression with a high quality portfolio project
Our collaboration with Creative Industries at the Adelaide College of the Arts will give you a unique, studio-based study experience. As a graphic design student you will benefit from the combined expertise and industry experience provided by this partnership. As a student at The University of Adelaide, you will also have the opportunity to undertake an industry placement through our Media Industry Transitions course.
- Graphic designer
- Digital media designer
- Web designer
- Creative industry
- Digital communications
- Production art department
- Film, games and television
How can I study visual design?
"I love that I am being challenged to achieve a higher standard of creativity. As a result of being in the graphic design course and being a part of the Adelaide University Media Association, I have been able to receive paid and unpaid freelance work which helps build my portfolio, and will help me sell myself for when I apply for a job after I graduate."Anzelle de Kock