Analyse how social groups are formed, how they can implode and how they affect our social standing.
Study sociology at The University of Adelaide
Think critically about how social groups are formed and the importance that humans place on being in a social setting. Study a range of pressing social issues such as inequality, gender and how the media influences our lives. Sociology offers insights into the lives of individuals and the functioning of societies in a globalised world.
As a sociology student you will:
- Study how class, wealth, race, gender, ethnicity, age, sexuality, disability and religion shape societies
- Examine the dynamics of power and inequality
- Question the popular theories of social life
- Research how societies function in different cultures
- Gain insight on respectful interaction with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Develop critical thinking and analysis skills.
As a sociology student at The University of Adelaide, you will be able to take a variety of courses addressing the major societal issues in our rapidly changing world.
- Youth worker
- Community development
- International development
- Public relations
- Human resources
- Public policy
- Probation officer
- Law enforcement
How can I study sociology?
Let us help you!
Have a question? Find answers anytime via our knowledge base; chat online or send us a message.