Politics and International Relations
Develop your understanding of the world with politics and international relations.
Study politics and international relations at The University of Adelaide
Discover the issues that face current and future generations of Australians. As a politics and international relations student at The University of Adelaide, you will explore Australian and global politics, and our relationships with other nations. Study a diverse range of topics including political theory, domestic politics, international relations and the rising powers of China and India.
As a politics and international relations student you will:
- Learn about political systems around the world and the challenges confronting them
- Explore the relationship between national politics and global issues
- Research the rise and fall of powers across the globe in countries such as China, India and the United States
- Debate contemporary political issues
- Examine issues of global justice, inequality and power
- Analyse national challenges and devise ways to develop and enhance public policy.
As a politics and international relations student you will learn the research, debating and analytical skills that are essential to becoming an independent and critical thinker. These skills will make you highly sought after by employers in a wide range of sectors, including state and government.
- Civil service
- Public policy
- Foreign affairs
- International relations
- Speech writing
- Political consultancy
How can I study politics and international relations?
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Arts (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Arts (Politics and International Relations)
- Bachelor of Arts with Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Arts with Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Criminology
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)(Electrical and Electronic) and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Environmental Policy and Management
- Bachelor of International Development
- Bachelor of International Relations
- Bachelor of International Relations with Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of International Relations with Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of International Relations with Bachelor of Media
- Bachelor of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Bachelor of Philosophy, Politics and Economics
- Bachelor of Social Sciences