Peace and Conflict Studies
Make a real and positive difference in the lives of others with peace and conflict studies.
Study peace and conflict at The University of Adelaide
People who can help aid recovery and promote peace in areas of high conflict are in demand. As a peace and conflict studies student at The University of Adelaide, you will gain the knowledge, skills and creativity needed to help communities affected by conflict. By learning how to reconcile and rebuild communities through peacebuilding strategies and initiatives, you can make a positive difference in the world.
As a peace and conflict studies student you will:
- Explore the history of peace, conflict, justice and human rights
- Discover peacebuilding strategies and initiatives
- Develop skills in conflict resolution
- Analyse examples of successful conflict resolution first-hand with overseas study tours
- Interact respectfully in a culturally-responsive way with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Gain the opportunity to study abroad at international universities, in a variety of countries including the U.K., Canada and Sweden.
The Bachelor of Peace and Conflict Studies at The University of Adelaide is the first and only degree of its kind offered in South Australia. This study area is designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to pursue a wide variety of careers in the humanitarian sector. As a graduate, you will be able to participate in and support conflict resolution and peacebuilding initiatives at local, national and international levels.
- Humanitarian work
- Government agencies
- International relations
- Public policy
- Community development
- International development
- Aid work