Music Education and Pedagogy
Expand your music education and inspire the next generation of music makers.
Study music education and pedagogy at The University of Adelaide
Music’s creative and uplifting presence is essential in the lives of young people. As a music education and pedagogy student at The University of Adelaide, you will be well equipped to become a music tutor in private practice, primary and secondary schools, as well as embark on a career in performing, composing or music administration and leadership. Music Education and Pedagogy offers music-specific education courses and a personally tailored program that suits your own areas of interest and career aspirations.
As a Music Education and Pedagogy student you will:
- Study key principles of 21st century music education
- Learn methods for vocal and instrumental coaching
- Discover your passion for inspiring the next musical generation
- Explore your creative abilities and musical skill set through practice teaching activities
- Develop lesson plans based on different approaches
- Gain skills in your creative specialty.
Established in 1883, The Elder Conservatorium of Music at the University of Adelaide is the oldest tertiary music school in Australia and one of the country’s leading music institutions. As a music education and pedagogy graduate, you could work in music tuition, administration, management and coordination roles.
- Arts administrator
- Music teacher
- Primary or secondary school instrumental teacher
- Music coordinator
- Music tutor
How can I study music education and pedagogy?
* Note: entrance into the Bachelor of Music (Education and Pedagogy) is by audition.