Your best decisions are made with your head and your heart.
Your heart says to follow your passion. Pursue a career you love. Chase your dreams. At a vibrant campus where you feel you belong. Your head is rational. It says you need the university with the best reputation and world-class facilities. Where you’ll learn from world -leading academics and be part of an elite group with the top employability skills.
At the University of Adelaide, you can have it all. HERE and NOW.
If you like choice, then choose this: an industry-focused specialisation that will get you the media career you want.
Build your career in:
Explore media from the digital age
TV, radio, film, print and online media. Explore media’s history and how modern technology has impacted media and culture.
Access world-class media facilities
Our brand new facilities were built to give our media students access to industry-standard equipment.
Gain valuable experience
As a media student, gain practical know-how through our industry placement and mentoring. You will graduate with the knowledge, skills and depth of experience for a rich media career.
Align yourself with a leading university
The University of Adelaide is consistently ranked in the top 1% of the world’s universities. Choose a media degree designed by leading academics and industry experts from our Media Industry Advisory Board.
Sia Furler Institute for Contemporary Music and Media
As part of your media degree, you will be able to take advantage of the unique blend of media and music courses offered by the Sia Furler Institute for Contemporary Music and Med
Benefit from our industry partnerships
"My internship at the Adelaide Festival Business Development Team has shown me how many teams of professionals develop a festival together. I had the chance to do everything from event management to sponsorship, seating and logistics. Meeting many interesting people in the industry, gaining new insights and applying different skills to situations behind the scenes as well as front of house made my internship a great experience."
"I undertook an internship with RCC on the Adelaide Uni campus as a marketing intern, and I focussed on ticket sales, social media and advertising. This entailed everything from writing the weekly 'whats on' emails to posting Instagram stories and helping out TV camera crews. My internship was not only fun, but has also opened up many doors for the future with employable skills and connections within the business."
How can I study Media?
- Bachelor of Media (Immersive Media)
- Bachelor of Media (Visual Design)
- Bachelor of Media (Social Media and Digital Production)
- Bachelor of Media (Story Production)
- Bachelor of Media (Film Studies)
- Bachelor of Media (Journalism)
- Bachelor of Media (Marketing)
- Bachelor of Media (Photographic Imaging)
- Bachelor of Media (Popular Music)
- Bachelor of Media (Sonic Arts)
- Bachelor of Media with Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Media with Bachelor of Computer Sciences
- Bachelor of Media with Bachelor of Criminology
- Bachelor of Media with Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Media with Bachelor of Sociology
- Bachelor of International Relations with Bachelor of Media
Media subjects can also be taken as an elective in most University of Adelaide degrees, or as a major or minor in the following:
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Arts (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Arts (Media)
- Bachelor of Arts with Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Arts with Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Arts with Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of International Relations with Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Teaching (Middle) with Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Teaching (Secondary) with Bachelor of Arts
- Honours Degree of Bachelor of Media