Globally dynamic and technology-driven, the media industry thrives on creativity and knowledge.
Study media at The University of Adelaide
Learn about the media industry both nationally and internationally. You will study of all forms of media from the digital age including TV, radio, film, print and online media. Explore media’s history and how modern technology has impacted media and culture.
As a media student you will:
- Gain a firm understanding of digital and traditional media industries and technologies
- Explore the ways digital media shapes societal views
- Develop the skills required for employment within media and various other industries
- Bring together academic learning and workplace experience with a media industry placement
- Study creative media practices such as visual and online design, radio and video production
- Combine a unique blend of industry skills with practical and theoretical knowledge.
As a media student at The University of Adelaide, you will work closely with industry, gaining first-hand experience and knowledge enabling you to put your media training into practice in real-world situations.
Students will develop professional-level skills through a variety of courses in the areas of digital media, media policy and law, writing, research and reporting and digital storytelling.
Included within the course are Media Internships and live Radio Adelaide broadcasts. Our Sia Furler Institute for Contemporary Music and Media also offers courses with a unique blend of media and music.
- Public relations and marketing
- Events and communications writing
- Public policy
- Creative industries
How can I study media?
- Bachelor of Media (CGI and Visual Effects)
- Bachelor of Media (Game Art)
- Bachelor of Media (Graphic Design)
- Bachelor of Media (Journalism)
- Bachelor of Media (Marketing)
- Bachelor of Media (Photographic Imaging)
- Bachelor of Media (Popular Music)
- Bachelor of Media (Sonic Arts)
- Bachelor of Media with Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Media with Bachelor of Computer Sciences
- Bachelor of Media with Bachelor of Criminology
- Bachelor of Media with Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Media with Bachelor of Sociology
- Bachelor of International Relations with Bachelor of Media
Media subjects can also be taken as an elective in most University of Adelaide degrees, or as a major or minor in the following:
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Arts (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Arts (Media)
- Bachelor of Arts with Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Arts with Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Arts with Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of International Relations with Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Bachelor of Teaching (Middle) with Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Teaching (Secondary) with Bachelor of Arts
- Honours Degree of Bachelor of Media
"My media degree is going to set me up for success in my chosen industry. It’s given me opportunities that I couldn’t get anywhere else, I feel prepared to do a job that doesn’t require qualifications (radio presenter), but I wouldn’t feel qualified without my education."Timothy Whiffen