Solve real-world problems using mathematics.
Study mathematical sciences at The University of Adelaide
The world depends on mathematical science to help drive human progress. As a mathematical student at The University of Adelaide, you will study high-level mathematical and statistical training for careers in a variety of technology-led industries. Learn to analyse and interpret data, predict and model outcomes, and provide information to solve real-world problems using mathematics.
As a mathematical sciences student you will:
- Advance your skills in logical thinking
- Refine your creativity, professionalism and research skills
- Develop fundamental statistical and mathematical knowledge
- Gain the ability to create, collect, analyse and model data
- Study abstract theories that reinforce modern science
- Work on projects that apply mathematics to solve real-world problems.
A member of the group of Eight – a grouping of the most prestigious universities in Australia, The University of Adelaide has been recognised for excellence in research and teaching. As a mathematical sciences student you have the opportunity to learn from our award-winning researcher teachers in state-of-the-art facilities.
- Engineering consultant
- Banking and finance
- State and federal government
- Data scientist
- Insurance companies
- Game design
How can I study mathematical sciences?
You can study Mathematics as an elective in most University of Adelaide Degrees, as part of a Bachelor of Mathematical Sciences, Bachelor of Mathematical Sciences (Advanced) or Bachelor of Mathematical and Computer Sciences, or as a major or minor in the following: