Let us introduce you to the vast society and culture of Italy.
Study Italian studies at The University of Adelaide
Italian is the second most widely spoken language in Australia after English, with more than half a million Italian Australians using it every day. As an Italian studies student at The University of Adelaide, you will gain valuable practical language skills. Italy is enriched with the history of western civilisation with strong relevance and influence of past and present culture in the art, fashion and culinary worlds.
As an Italian studies student you will:
- Learn to read and write in Italian
- Gain the skills to listen and speak in Italian
- Develop an understanding and appreciation of Italian culture
- Study the Italian influence in modern society
- Improve your understanding of how language works
- Have the opportunity to study abroad.
By learning another language you will set yourself apart from others in your future career. Italian studies at The University of Adelaide will open a unique career pathway for you full of opportunities such as industry internships, employment, collaboration and research. Italy is one of the ten wealthiest nations in the world and a major trading partner with Australia.
Develop your language skills and immerse yourself in a new culture with an international exchange! As a University of Adelaide student you will have access to over 100 overseas exchange programs around the world. As an Italian studies student you can study overseas for one or two semesters and gain a credit towards your University of Adelaide degree.
- International law
- Corporate executive
How can I study Italian studies?
You can study Italian as an elective in most University of Adelaide degrees, or as a major or minor in the following:
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Arts (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Arts (Italian Studies)
- Bachelor of Environmental Policy and Management
- Bachelor of International Development
- Bachelor of International Relations
- Bachelor of Languages
- Bachelor of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Bachelor of Teaching (Middle) with Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Teaching (Secondary) with Bachelor of Arts