Immersive Media - Virtual Reality
Augment your career reality while learning all about virtual reality
Study Immersive Media at the University of Adelaide
The immersive media wave is growing, with virtual, augmented and mixed reality set to explode. Exciting opportunities are emerging everywhere—from marketing, entertainment and digital art, to training and education. And then there’s gaming, which now generates over $134 billion annually.
Our Bachelor of Media (Immersive Media) gives you the skills and knowledge to ride the VR, AR and MR career wave.
As an Immersive Media student you will:
- Gain broad knowledge and understanding of the media industry and digital storytelling
- Build a suite of VR, AR and MR creative and technical skills
- Develop a firm grasp of gaming theory, history and production - you will learn about the technical aspects (art, coding differences, restrictions), the business side (corporate structures, cost of develop then and now, comparative elements) and the social implications (gender bias and demographics throughout modern history).
- Asset generation including 3D Modelling, Rigging/Animation, Digital Sculpting, PolyEdits and Texturing
- Work with high-quality technology
- Digital games
- Virtual reality
- Creative industries
- Entertainment industry
- Education and training