Learn about educating the future leaders of our world at South Australia's highest ranked education institution.
Study education at the University of Adelaide
Studying undergraduate education will help you understand the ways in which people learn without heading towards a teaching career. As an education student at the University of Adelaide, you will dive into the psychology of learning to develop your understanding of how we learn. Throughout your studies you will advance your professional research, writing and analytical skills that will help prepare you for a wide variety of careers.
The University of Adelaide is SA's highest ranked university for education, and in the top 100 worldwide. The University of Adelaide is also South Australia's number one university for graduate employability and our degrees build a strong foundation for an outstanding career in education.
As an undergraduate education student you will:
- Discover the different ways people learn
- Develop and improve your own learning strategies
- Study the different philosophies and theories on education, teaching and learning from past to present
- Examine current issues in education and learning and the proposed solutions to them
- Explore diverse educational needs and inclusive strategies that assist all learners
- Develop knowledge and skills that are usable in a wide range of educational and non-educational career paths.
As an education student, you will have the opportunity to work with many of the School of Education’s world-class researchers and be taught by experts in their field, empowering you to build the best skills for your future.
- Education Officer
- Youth worker
- Youth counsellor
- Creative industries
- Human resources
How can I study education?
You can study Education as an elective in most University of Adelaide degrees, or as a major or minor in the following:
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Arts (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Arts (Education)
- Bachelor of Arts with Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Arts with Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Arts with Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of International Relations with Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Media with Bachelor of Arts
- Honours Degree of Bachelor of Arts