The Faculty of Arts Peer Mentoring Program is a student run initiative which aims to help first year students settle into their studies and the University of Adelaide community.
The program runs throughout Semester 1 and 2 and is a great way to meet other students, have your questions answered and receive ongoing peer support in an informal setting.
Our peer mentors know from personal experience what it’s like to be a new student. They are high-performing students, eager to share ‘insider’ information to help you learn about campus life.
First year students are grouped together with their chosen peer mentor and will meet face-to-face, online and at events/activities.
If you would like to become a mentee or mentor, please apply below.
Become a mentee
The mentee program gives you the opportunity to gain a supportive network in your first year at university.
- Receive timely information and handy hints
- Develop a network of supportive peers
- Be invited to social events and group study sessions
- Increase your awareness of student support services
- Improve your teamwork skills
- Gain a sense of belonging at university
If you would like to be mentored by a peer, please submit your form below.
Become a mentor
As a peer mentor you will develop your leadership skills through numerous activities. Peer Mentors are also able to use this experience to count towards the Adelaide Graduate Award. If you are currently in year 2+ of an arts-based program and meet the following criteria, please complete an application form, attaching your resume and a short cover letter (no more than 400 words) addressing the following criteria.
- Demonstrate a GPA of at least 5.0, or gain a recommendation from a Head of Discipline
- Show effective listening, communication and interpersonal skills, particularly in a team environment
- Engage with a positive and open attitude
- Demonstrate tolerance and understanding of cultural diversity
- Show detailed knowledge of university facilities and services
- Respect sensitive and confidential information at all times
Meet the 2020 Arts Peer Mentors