Considering a Higher Research Degree?
If you are interested in becoming part of our rich research environment, you are encouraged to submit an Expression of Interest (see below).
In order to make an initial assessment we ask you follow the below instructions carefully and a School Postgraduate Coordinator will endeavour to reply to you within two weeks if you are eligible for entry and a suitable supervisor for your topic is available.
Please be advised that due to the high volume of emails we receive, we great we are unable to respond to all enquiries.
Steps to apply for a Higher Degree by Research
Once you have completed Step 3 Identify an Area of Research and Supervisors of the application process, follow the below steps. International students may visit Kathleen Lumley College for accommodation information.
1. Complete an Expression of Interest Form
2. Email the appropriate Postgraduate Coordinator for assessment
3. If you are deemed eligible and competitive, the Postgraduate Coordinator helps you liaise with an appropriate supervisor
4. You will be assessed with a Suitability Assessment
5. Your potential supervisor will begin liaising with you
6. A face-to-face or Skype interview may be arranged
7.You will be asked to submit a Research Proposal
8. Progress to Step 4 Submit an Application through the Adelaide Graduate Centre
Further information on the application process and for admission and scholarship deadlines, please visit the Adelaide Graduate Centre website.
Apply for a 2019 HDR Completion Bursary
As a HDR student, you may be eligible for a Faculty of Arts HDR completion bursary.
The bursary is a total of $500 to be split over two payments:
- $250 to be paid on lodgement of the Notification of Intention to Submit form
- $250 to be paid on the Adelaide Graduate Centre’s certification of your thesis for examination.
If you intend to submit your thesis this year, the deadline to apply for this bursary is 31 March.
Please note that payment will not be processed until sufficient documentation has been provided:
- An email from the Graduate Centre confirming that your Notification of Intention to Submit form has been received
- A Submission of Thesis certification from the Adelaide Graduate Centre
Find your answers anytime via our knowledge base, chat to us online or send us a message.