Master of Teaching
Shape and influence the lives of young people.
- Complete in accelerated mode over 1.5 years
- Complete two full-time supervised teaching blocks of 70 days in SA schools
- Graduate with a competitive edge in the teaching job market
- Hone pedagogical skills in teaching placements across SA high schools
- Be registered to teach in South Australia and in most cases, interstate and overseas
- Take courses on contemporary educational issues and practice which are relevant to both the middle and secondary years (years 7-12)
- Focus on understanding adolescent behaviour and promoting wellbeing
Take advantage of our exclusive partnership
We have partnered with Apple Aust. & NZ Inc to bring you the only Apple eLearning program on offer in Australia, allowing you to graduate as a 21st century teacher.
Graduate ready to enter the classroom
You'll be participating in yearly classroom placements, and a strong network of teaching professionals and experts leading your education, you will graduate with the skills and confidence to immediately enter the classroom.
Align yourself with a leading university
The University of Adelaide is SA's highest ranked university for education, and in the top 100 worldwide.
"The University has provided me with a wonderful education in both music and teaching. I stayed at the university for my Masters because the staff and students on campus are wonderful, caring and so willing to help. The facilities are incredible and the campus has become my second home."
Located in the heart of Adelaide's cultural and shopping precinct
The University of Adelaide is the only university in SA where you can study teaching in the city.
"I wanted to be more employable in my home state. I wanted to challenge myself by learning about a profession that was completely different to what I was in previously. A drastic career change CAN completely turn your life around and point you in a positive direction."
Start in 2020
Mid-Year entry for the Master of Teaching means you can start in July.
For the time being, our programs are being delivered online so you can join us from any location.
^^^*medium term (3 years after graduation) outcomes for Teacher Education postgraduate coursework graduates, 2018 Graduate Outcomes Survey, October 2018.
^*Projected to increase over the next five years, supported by growth in the school aged population, continued strength in the international education sector, growing demand for adult and community education and continuing growth in part-time workers and non-teaching staff in the industry. Industry Employment Projections, 2018, Department of Jobs and Small Business.