The Department of Spanish Studies is active in research in the fields of literature and culture.
Our research activities are limited to Spain and the Spanish speaking countries of Latin America.
Jorge's research interests focus on the following literary and cultural themes:
- Ecological discourses and counter-discourses in Hispanic literatures.
- The Spanish novel of the 20th Century.
- Literature and history of the Spanish Civil War.
- Revolutions and literature.
- Latin American pre-Columbian cultures.
Sergio's research interests focus in Latin American literature and culture as conceived from a biology of love/knowledge perspective. He is interested, on the one hand, in processes of decolonization as seen as from an Amerindian perspective. On the other hand, he is interested in exploring the discourses that bring forth the relationship with the Pachamama as it is presented in Latin American poetry.