The Dr Ruby Davy Prize for Composition
Whereas the late Dr Ruby Davy has bequeathed to the University the sum of $600* to found a prize for the composition of music it is hereby provided as follows:
- There shall be an annual prize called ‘The Dr Ruby Davy Prize’.
- The value of the prize shall be $900 or such other amount as determined by the Director of
the Elder Conservatorium provided that the value does not exceed the annual income
distribution available from the Endowment Fund.
- The prize shall be awarded on the recommendation of the Director of the Elder
Conservatorium and shall be based on the results of the Composition courses in the
- If, in the opinion of the Director of the Elder Conservatorium, no candidate is worthy of the
award, the prize shall lapse for that year and the value of the prize for that year shall be
added to the capital sum of the Endowment Fund.
- The University may vary the rules from time to time in a manner consistent with the
University’s legal obligations and policies.