The Natalia Davies Prize
Whereas Miss Amylis I. Laffer has given to the University the sum of $800 for the purpose of perpetuating the memory of the late Miss Natalia Davies, the following rules are hereby made:
- There shall be an annual prize called "The Natalia Davies Prize".
- The prize shall be books to the value of $100, unless determined otherwise by the Faculty.
- The prize shall be awarded to the candidate who shall be deemed by the examiners to be the most meritorious student in first-year history, provided that the candidate has not previously completed a year's course of study or work at a university.
- If, in any particular year, the examiners deem that two or more candidates are of equal merit, the prize shall be divided equally amongst the candidates.
- If, in any particular year, the examiners consider that no candidate is suitable for the prize, then no award shall be made.
- These rules may be altered from time to time by the Faculty, but the title and purpose of the prize shall not be altered.