The Lynda Tapp Prize in History
Whereas the late Adrian Lynda Tapp bequeathed in 1973 the sum of $11,287 to the University for the purpose of founding prizes, there shall be provided the following prize:
- A prize to be known as "The Lynda Tapp Prize in History" shall be awarded annually to the student who attains the highest mark in Advanced Level History subjects.
- The value of the prize shall be $900.
- The prize shall be awarded by the Faculty of Arts on the recommendation of the Head of the Department of History, provided that there is a candidate of sufficient merit.
- If the examiners deem that two or more candidates are of equal merit, the prize shall be equally divided among the candidates.
- These rules may be varied from time to time but the title and general purpose of the award shall not be changed.