The John Robert Mitchell Violin Prize
Whereas the Executor of an anonymous deceased donor has paid to the University the sum of $300 for the purpose of providing a prize in memory of John Robert Mitchell, who had died in 1943 and had been a student of distinction in the Elder Conservatorium.
The following rules are hereby made:
- The prize shall be known as 'The John Robert Mitchell Violin Prize'.
- The prize shall be awarded to the most outstanding senior violin student in the Elder Conservatorium.
- The value of the prize of a book or music voucher shall be not less than $80.
- The prize shall be available each year as funds allow and shall be awarded on the recommendation of the Director of the Elder Conservatorium.
- These rules may be varied from time to time, but the title and general purpose of the prize shall not be changed.