The H. Brewster Jones Prize
Whereas a sum of approximately $490 has been paid to the University by members of the S.A. Guild of Composers for the purpose of founding with the income thereof a prize in memory of the late H. Brewster Jones, former South Australian musician and composer.
The following rules are hereby made:
- There shall be a prize to be called ‘The H. Brewster Jones Prize’.
- The prize may be awarded annually to an undergraduate student of the Elder Conservatorium studying composition.
- The prize shall be awarded on the recommendation of the Director of the Elder Conservatorium.
- The normal annual value of the prize shall be not less than $350.
- If in the opinion of the Director of the Elder Conservatorium, no candidate submits a composition worthy of the award, the prize shall lapse for that year and the value of the prize be increased in the following year or years.
- These rules may be varied from time to time, but the title and the general purpose of the prize shall not be changed.