The Adelaide Choral Society Prize
Whereas the trustees of the Adelaide Choral Society have paid to the University the sum of $2,000 for the purpose of founding a prize for choral or ensemble work, the following rules are hereby made:
- There shall be an annual prize called 'The Adelaide Choral Society Prize'.
- The value of the prize shall be $800 or such other amount as determined by the Director of the Elder Conservatorium.
- The prize shall be awarded on the recommendation of the Director of the Elder Conservatorium, to a student of the Elder Conservatorium in recognition of the recipient's contribution to choral or ensemble work in one of performance, singing, conducting or composition.
- If the Director of the Elder Conservatorium does not consider any candidate worthy of the award, the prize shall lapse for that year, but in such an event an additional prize maybe awarded in a subsequent year.
- These rules may be varied from time to time, but the title and general purpose of the prize shall not be changed.