Postgraduate International Scholarships
2018 Arts Start Up Scholarships - Postgraduate Coursework
The Faculty of Arts Start Up Scholarship is available to International students from India, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia and Hong Kong who are seeking entry into a Faculty of Arts postgraduate coursework program in 2018. The scholarship provides a one-off AUD $4,000 start-up grant to contribute to travel and living costs under the conditions described below.
Prospective International students from the selected countries/regions who apply for a postgraduate degree within the Faculty of Arts will automatically be considered for the Arts Start Up Scholarship. Applicants will then receive a confirmation email advising them of the outcome.
- How to Apply
When offered admission to The University of Adelaide in 2018, you will need to accept the offer within 20 business days. This will automatically be your application for the scholarship.
- Entry Requirements
In order to be eligible for consideration a student must:
- Have applied to study in a postgraduate coursework program offered by the Faculty of Arts and be offered admission into full-time study in Semester 1 or 2 in 2018 at the University of Adelaide; AND
- Accept their offer (once specified conditions have been met) within 20 business days; AND
- Commence an academic program for the first time at the University of Adelaide AND;
- Be a citizen of India, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Indonesia or Malaysia or a permanent resident of Hong Kong
- Be an international student. International students are international citizens defined as those who are or will be studying onshore only with visa subclass 500.
- Selection Criteria
The Arts Start Up Scholarships will be awarded to Indian, Hong Konger, Sri Lankan, Vietnamese, Indonesian or Malaysian students who satisfy the eligibility requirements and are still studying in their program past the University census date* for the semester they commenced in. * for 2018 these dates are 31 March (Semester 1) and 31 August (Semester 2).
The scholarship provides a one-off AUD $4,000 payment for travel and living expenses. The scholarship will be paid to the recipient following confirmation of enrolment after the census date for the semester they commenced in.
- Visa Entitlements and Requirements
Scholarship recipients are required to meet the cost of compulsory Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), tuition fees, living costs and cost of return airfares. These costs will not be covered by the scholarship.
The scholarship must be taken up within the academic period for which it is offered. The University may withdraw the scholarship if a candidate fails to provide any required documentation or provides false or misleading documentation.
- Deferment and Withdrawal
It is not possible to defer the scholarship and the scholarship cannot be transferred to any other institution. Students who subsequently withdraw from their program of study at the University before the census date for their relevant semester will not be eligible for the scholarship.
- Application Process
Acceptance of an offer for admission to the University in 2018 for all postgraduate Faculty of Arts programs (see Annex B) within 20 business days will constitute an application for the scholarship.
Successful recipients will receive the scholarship from the Faculty of Arts. If the offer is not accepted in 20 business days, the offer of the scholarship will be withdrawn. The University reserves the right to amend the availability of the scholarship and/or the information provided in the scholarship details at any time.
Students with packaged offers conditional on completion of the Academic English program are also eligible for the scholarship.
- Annex B - 2018 Eligible Programs
- Master of Arts
- Master of Arts (Curatorial and Museum Studies)
- Master of Arts (Studies in Art History)
- Master of Arts (Translation and Transcultural Communication)
- Master of Education
- Master of Environmental Policy and Management
- Master of Music (Performance Studies)
- Master of Music (Performance and Pedagogy)
- Master of Teaching