Excellence in Arts Scholarship 2018
The 2018 Faculty of Arts Excellence in Arts Scholarship is available to Australian domestic university students who have already commenced their university studies in a degree at another Australian university and would like to transfer into a similar degree found within the Faculty of Arts at the University of Adelaide.
The program provides a one-off AUD $3,000 payment to assist students with the costs of studying. Students can also receive up to 36 units (which equates to half of a Bachelor degree) of course credit for previous studies. All undergraduate programs offered by the Faculty of Arts in Semester 2, 2018 are eligible for the 2018 Excellence in Arts Scholarship (see 2018 Eligible Programs).
- How to Apply
- Apply for your program through SATAC
When offered admission to a Faculty of Arts program at the University of Adelaide in Semester 2 2018, you will need to enrol within 10 business days and meet all entry requirements. This will automatically be your application for the scholarship.
If you don’t enrol within 10 business days of receiving your offer, the scholarship will be withdrawn. The University of Adelaide reserves the right to amend the availability of the scholarship and/or the information provided in the scholarship details at any time.
- Entry Requirements
In order to be eligible for consideration a student must:
- Be an Australian citizen
- Have already commenced a degree at another Australian university other than the University of Adelaide within the last two years
- Have applied to study in an undergraduate program offered by the Faculty of Arts and be offered admission into full-time study in Semester 2 in 2018 at the University of Adelaide
- Enrol into a Faculty of Arts program (once specified entry requirements have been met) within 10 business days of receiving your offer (see 2018 Eligible Programs)
- *Please note, students applying for entry into music programs will also be required to successfully pass audition/interview requirements.
- Selection Criteria
The Excellence in Arts Scholarships will be awarded to domestic students who satisfy the entry requirements and are still studying in their program past the University census date for Semester 2, 2018 (31st August).
Applicants must not be in receipt of other scholarships offered by the University of Adelaide.
Applications for Bachelor of Music programs are based on audition performance and eligibility for the Excellence in Arts scholarship is at the discretion of the Director of the Elder Conservatorium of Music.
The scholarship provides a one-off AUD $3,000 payment for study expenses. The scholarship will be paid to the recipient following confirmation of enrolment after the census date for Semester 2, 2018 (31st August).
The scholarship must be taken up within the academic period for which it is offered. The University may withdraw the scholarship if a candidate fails to provide any required documentation or provides false or misleading information.
- Deferment and Withdrawal
It is not possible to defer the scholarship and the scholarship cannot be transferred to any other institution. Students who subsequently withdraw from their program of study at the University before the census date for Semester 2, 2018 (August 31st) will not be eligible for the scholarship.
- 2018 Eligible Programs
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Arts (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Arts with Bachelor of Teaching (Secondary)
- Bachelor of Creative Arts
- Bachelor of Criminology
- Bachelor of Environmental Policy and Management
- Bachelor of International Development
- Bachelor of International Relations
- Bachelor of Languages
- Bachelor of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Bachelor of Media including: Media/Arts, Media/Criminology, Media/Sociology and Media/International Relations
- Bachelor of Music including Classical Voice, Music Composition, Music Education and Pedagogy, Music Performance – Classical, Music Performance – Jazz, Musicology, Popular Music, and Sonic Arts
- Bachelor of Peace and Conflict Studies
- Bachelor of Philosophy, Politics and Economics
- Bachelor of Social Sciences
- Bachelor of Sociology