The Barony of Ithaka Gold Medal for Excellence in Greek Cultural Studies
The sum of $3,000 having been given to the University by Mr Nicholas Galatis for the purpose of encouraging the study of Greek studies through the provision of an annual lecture and prizes. The donor emphasises the educational and secular purpose of the lecture. He desires that the process of invitation reflect this purpose and not be a cause of dissension.
- There shall be an annual prize called "The Barony of Ithaka Gold Medal for Excellence in Greek Cultural Studies"
- The prize shall be a gold medal and a book voucher of $75, unless otherwise determined by the Faculty of Arts.
- The prize shall be awarded each year at the Galatis Prize Giving Ceremony
- The prize shall be awarded to the most meritorious student in an Upper level Greek Cultural Studies course
- If, in any particular year, the examiner/s consider that no candidate is suitable for the prize, then no award shall be made
- If two or more candidates are deemed to be of equal merit, the prize shall be awarded to each candidate