The Faculty has a distinguished track record in delivering important applied research locally, nationally and internationally.
Research is undertaken through grants, contract and consultancy projects in a range of fields, including:
- population and migration
- aging and aged care
- climate change adaptation
- mining, sustainable communities and socio-economic impact assessment
- housing, urban and regional planning
- historical studies
- history of emotions
- aid and development
- communications in health, social change and development
- native title and cultural heritage
- creative practice
- linguistics and endangered languages
For more information about some of the key areas of applied research we undertake, please download our applied research brochure.