Ullin T. Place (1924 - 2000) was a lecturer in Philosophy and Psychology at the University of Adelaide from 1951 to 1954.
Together with his Adelaide Professor, J. J. C. Smart, he was responsible for a revolutionary change in how philosophers view the nature of mind and consciousness. Place died on 2nd January 2000, bequeathing his brain to the University of Adelaide, to be displayed with the message:
Did this Brain Contain the Consciousness of U. T. Place?
Place's brain is located in the Anatomy Museum, Medical School Building, Frome Road.