Lachlan Aird, Arts graduate secures 2020 Wine Media Cadetship
Lachlan Aird, Faculty of Arts graduate and emerging wine writer secures 2020 Wine Media Cadetship.
In its fourth year, the successful cadet program is made possible through the partnership between Wine Communicators of Australia and Adelaide, a Great Wine Capital of the World.
Supported by the Marshall Liberal Government, the WCA Wine Media Cadetship aims to empower young people who are passionate and keen to build careers in South Australia’s wine industry.
As part of the extensive program, Mr Aird will participate in quality industry experiences to gain skills in wine sensory evaluation, wine media writing, and engagement with wine industry bodies, including:
- Royal Adelaide Wine Show steward;
- Wine Marketing Course – Regional Tours, Ehrenberg Bass Institute;
- Profiling the 2021 Best of Wine Tourism Award winners;
- 2020 Best of Wine Tourism Awards (on-line)
- Great Wine Capitals AGM (on-line)
- Hot 100 Wines; and
- Interviews with a selection of SA’s wine journalists
Lachlan Aird shares his thoughts on why it is valuable to study what you enjoy.
Read the full Media Release here.