A music internship is aimed at you completing a specifically tailored project relevant to your studies and career aspirations and to the chosen host organisation.
The project should be conceived and planned by you in conjunction with the host organisation and the Elder Conservatorium internship coordinator.
Students are selected on merit. Whilst there are no guarantees for a placement every effort is made to maximise the student's opportunities. The process of placing students with Industry Partners is extremely competitive, so students are encouraged to have a 'back-up' plan in the event they are unsuccessful in gaining a placement.
Industry placement will range from several weeks to a complete semester, for a maximum of fifty hours per semester. The average placement will be for about thirty hours. Assessment will be conducted via a reflective journal, a research assignment, and feedback from the host organisation.
As a Faculty of Arts student, you are also eligible to undertake an internship in the arts.
- Elder Hall - Program Notes Writing, Orchestral Management
- State Opera
- Adelaide Symphony Orchestra (the Internship would not involve playing)
- Police Band (the Internship would not involve playing)
- Army Band
- Adelaide Festival
- Australian Music Examinations Board
- Adelaide Youth Orchestras
- Arts SA
- Musica Viva
- Carclew Youth Arts Centre
- Helpmann Academy
- Elder Conservatorium of Music
- Special interest Music Centres
- Selected State Government and Independent Schools
How do I apply?
For further information, please see the Music Internship Program Guidelines.
Application closing dates
Semester 1 2022 – applications due by 31 October 2021
Semester 2 2021 – applications due by 3 May 2021