Work Integrated Learning
Through internships and work-integrated learning, the Sia Furler Institute for Contemporary Music and Media seeks to provide students with valuable real-world experience.
Moreover, by integrating the work into the academic process, we are able to help students analyse their own strengths and weaknesses, and set goals for their own development to make them well prepared for entry into the workforce. This preparation extends to assistance in placing students in internships or work opportunities outside the university.
Internships with Creative Revolutionaries provide real-world experience connecting students with local and international leaders in creativity. Students are able to apply their skills in a vocational context, leveraging social media, marketing, public relations, live event production and audio/visual production.
The University’s goal is to provide a 21st Century education for a growing community of learners — an education that readies them for the application of their particular field of study, to opportunities in the outside world. Some broad attributes which are fostered through the internship experience include adaptability, resilience, problem solving and team work. These become behaviours which prepare students to become participants of the 21st Century workforce. In short: if you can google it, we don’t teach it.
Examples of internship opportunities
- Identifying talent based on student demand/interest
- Generating interest in events, including updating a website, social media, traditional media, student meet ups etc, and follow up from event
- Designing promotional materials (online, posters, stickers, copy)
Live event production
- Liaising with talent
- Creating partnerships and sponsorships for events
- Develop a brand strategy
- Filming, editing
- Website curation
- Leverage technology to create transcripts of previous events
- Edit audio/video material from previous events to create searchable database of content
- Create marketing materials for live events
- Develop student engagement for live events
- Engage with partners and stakeholders
- Develop brand strategy
Graphics for live events
- Photography for articles
- Interviewing talent and writing articles
Live event production
- Liaising with talent, venues etc for live events
- Managing live events
- Shoot/record live events