Flinders Language Enrolment
The following information is for students studying a Faculty of Arts degree - if you are studying a degree in a different Faculty, please refer queries to your home Faculty.
Indonesian, Italian and Modern Greek are taught by Flinders University staff as part of an arrangement between the two universities.
- You will need to enrol as a Cross-Institutional student to study these languages. Please note that courses studied under this agreement will not be included in your University of Adelaide GPA calculation.
- Flinders Language courses are not available for study aboard or exchange students.
- Plan your language courses. The University of Adelaide Course Planner can give you information about the courses as well as class times and locations. Please ensure you have a clash free pathway. If you think there will be a clash, contact us for advice.
- How to Apply
- Please submit an online approval request form and ensure you list clearly the courses you wish to study for the entire year, including any culture courses. You must also list the program towards which the language is counting (eg Bachelor degree or Diploma in Languages).
- Your request for approval will be assessed, and you will be notified of the outcome via email. Once you have received our written approval via email, visit the Flinders University cross-institutional study page for information on how to apply online, enrol in your topics (courses) and get details on how to pay your fees.
- Studying Indonesian, Italian or Modern Greek in a Diploma in Languages?
The Diploma will not appear on your record in the same way as your Bachelor's degree, as you will be enrolling in your language courses through Flinders University (not via Access Adelaide). A program with no enrolments will drop off your record automatically. For this reason, you will not be admitted to the Diploma until you are ready to graduate.
Once you have completed all of the required courses and are ready to graduate, please contact the Faculty Office so that we can add the Diploma to your record.