The Rosemary St. John Harp Scholarship
In 1993 Mrs Rosemary St John donated the sum of $10,000 to the University of Adelaide for the purpose of founding a scholarship for harp at the Elder Conservatorium of Music.
The following rules are hereby made:
- The scholarship shall be known as the ‘Rosemary St. John Harp Scholarship.’
- The scholarship shall be awarded on the recommendation of the Director of the Elder Conservatorium to a student of harp in the first, second or third year of the Bachelor of Music course.
- The value of the scholarship shall be $1,250 per annum and shall be tenable for up to two years.
- If in the opinion of the Director of the Elder Conservatorium, there is no student of sufficient merit, the scholarship shall lapse for that year.
- The scholarship may be shared if in the opinion of the Director of the Elder Conservatorium, more than one student is of equal merit.
- Accumulated income after provision of the scholarship shall from time to time be added to the capital sum and the value of the scholarship increased by such amount as the Director of the Elder Conservatorium may determine.
- These rules may be varied from time to time but the title and purpose of the scholarship shall not be changed.