The YWCA of Adelaide Prize in Women's Studies
In 1993 the Young Womens' Christian Association of Adelaide contacted the University regarding the offering of a prize in support of the study of issues of importance to women. Their intention was that the prize should be offered for a period of five years in the first instance.
1. The Prize shall be called "The YWCA of Adelaide Prize in Women's Studies" and shall be awarded annually.
2. The value of the prize shall be "$200".
3. The prize shall be awarded to the level I student who in the opinion of the examiners, shows by her/his academic performance, to be the most outstanding student in Gender Studies course(s).
4. If the examiners deem that two or more candidates are of equal merit, the prize shall be divided equally amongst those candidates.
5. If in any particular year, the examiners consider that no candidate is suitable for the prize, then no award shall be made.
6. These rules may be varied from time to time by the Faculty, but the title and purpose shall not be changed.