The Vera May Swift Prize for Honours English
Whereas the late Vera May Swift having bequeathed part of her estate to the University to be made available for the establishment of a trust fund from the annual income of which shall be provided prizes in English, there shall be provided the following prize:
- "The Vera May Swift Prize for Honours English" - to be awarded annually to the student who writes the best Honours English thesis.
- The value of the prize shall be $1,000 unless otherwise determined by the Faculty.
- If the examiners deem that two or more candidates are of equal merit, the prize shall be divided equally amongst the candidates.
- If in any particular year, the examiners consider that no candidate is suitable for the prize, then no award shall be made.
- These rules may be varied from time to time by the Faculty but the title and purpose shall not be changed.