The Rae Cocking Memorial Prize
The sum of $25,000 has been given to the University from donors and proceeds from the Rae Cocking Memorial Concert held on Sunday 18 February 2007. This fund is to provide for an annual prize to an undergraduate or single studies singing student studying at the Elder Conservatorium of Music.
The prize is intended to commemorate this well-loved Adelaide soprano who taught at the Elder Conservatorium for 18 years.
- There shall be an annual prize called 'The Rae Cocking Memorial Prize'.
- The prize value shall be $1,300 per annum, unless otherwise determined by the Elder Conservatorium of Music.
- The prize shall be awarded annually to an undergraduate or single studies singing student studying at the Elder Conservatorium of Music who demonstrates outstanding talent, application and attitude.
- The prize shall be awarded on the recommendation of the Director of the Elder Conservatorium.
- If in any year there is no candidate suitable for the prize, then no award shall be made.
- If in any particular year the Selection Panel deems that two or more candidates are of equal merit, the prize shall be divided equally amongst them.
- These rules may be varied from time to time but the title and general purpose of the prize shall not be changed.