The Hazel Nankivell Prize
The sum of $6,000 having been given to the University by Ms Margaret Pont and Professor John Roberts to provide for an annual prize in Latin 1. The prize is intended to commemorate their aunt - Hazel Nankivell who supported their father Robin Lea Roberts in his studies at the Univesity (BA 1939, B Ec 1956):
- There shall be an annual prize called "The Hazel Nankivell Prize".
- The value of the prize shall be $250, unless otherwise determined by the Faculty.
- The prize shall be awarded to the student who attains the highest mark in Latin I.
- If the examiners consider that in any year there is no candidate suitable for the prize, then no award shall be made.
- If, in any particular year, the examiners deem that two or more candidates are of equal merit, the prize shall be divided equally amongst them..
- These rules may be varied from time to time, but the title and general purpose of the prize shall not be changed.