The Eva Lines Memorial Prize
In 1952, Eva Lines bequeathed to the University the sum of $1,000 for the purpose of founding a piano scholarship (or prize) to be called the ‘Eva Lines Memorial Scholarship (or Prize) for Piano’.
- A prize to be called the ‘Eva Lines Memorial Prize for Piano’ shall be awarded annually on the results of the Fifth and Sixth Grade piano examinations conducted in South Australia by the Australian Music Examinations Board.
- To be eligible for the prize, a candidate must live outside the Adelaide metropolitan area as determined by a postcode of 5200 and above.
- The Prize shall be awarded to the candidate who, being eligible, is considered by the examiners most worthy to receive the award and who requires financial assistance.
- The value of the Prize shall be $700, or such other amount as the University shall from time to time determine provided that the value of the prize does not exceed the annual distribution of interest available from the Endowment Fund.
- The Prize shall not be awarded to any person more than once.
- The University may vary the rules from time to time in a manner consistent with the University’s legal obligations and policies.
Rules approved by Deputy Vice Chancellor & Vice President (Academic) 9 February 2016