The Edith A Puddy Prize
Whereas the Alliance Francaise of South Australia has given the sum of $240 to the University for the purpose of establishing a prize in French to commemorate the services of Edith A. Puddy to the Alliance Francaise, the following rules are made:
- A prize known as "The Edith A. Puddy Prize" shall be available for award annually.
- The value of the prize shall be $40, unless otherwise determined by the Faculty.
- The prize shall be awarded to the student who has shown the highest academic merit amongst the candidates who pass with distinction in French II.
- If, in any particular year, the examiner/s consider that no candidate is suitable for the prize, then no award shall be made.
- If, in any particular year, the examiners deem that two or more candidates are of equal merit, the prize shall be divided equally between the candidates.
- These rules may be changed from time to time, but the title and general purpose of the prize shall not be changed.