The David Mattingley Australian Institute of International Affairs Prize
Whereas the Australian Institute of International Affairs (SA Branch) has established a fund and initiated a prize in honour of David Mattingley, a past president and long serving member of the SA Branch, to encourage excellence in the study of International Studies, the following rules are
- A prize to be known as “The David Mattingley Australian Institute of International Affairs Prize”, shall be awarded annually.
- The value of the prize shall be $100.00, provided there is a candidate of sufficient merit.
- The prize shall be awarded on the recommendation of the Head of Discipline of Politics and International Studies (POLIS) for the best honours thesis in politics for International Studies.
- If the examiners deem that two or more candidates are of equal merit, the prize shall be equally divided among the candidates.
- These rules may be varied from time to time but the title and general purpose of the Prize shall not be changed.