Chilla Bulbeck Prize
This prize has been established as a result of a contribution by UnitingCare Wesley Port Adelaide and is to honour the contributions and work of Professor Emerita Chilla Bulbeck, a retired staff member of the Discipline of Gender Studies and Social Analysis in the School of Social Sciences.
The following rules are hereby made:
- There shall be a prize called "Chilla Bulbeck Prize".
- The value of the prize shall be $400.
- This prize is offered annually for a minimum of five years until otherwise determined by the University after discussions with the contributor.
- The prize shall be awarded to the Bachelor of Social Sciences student enrolled in SOCI 1003 or SOCI 1003EX Introduction to Sociology, who in the opinion of teaching staff, has demonstrated the most improvement throughout the semester in terms of essay writing, and who has also actively engaged in and understood the social justice implications discussed weekly in lectures and tutorials.
- If teaching staff deem that there is more than one candidate of equal merit, the prize shall be divided equally among the candidates.
- If in any particular year teaching staff consider that no candidate is suitable for the prize, then no award shall be made.
- The University may vary the rules from time to time in a manner consistent with the original objectives of the prize.