The Brisbane Matthews Pianoforte Prize
Whereas the University has accepted a bequest from Vera White Mathews to provide a Prize in the Bachelor of Music program for Level II Classical Pianoforte, the following rules are hereby made.
- The Prize shall be known as ‘The Brisbane Mathews Pianoforte Prize’.
- The Prize shall be awarded every calendar year commencing in 2002.
- The value of the Prize shall be $500 or such other amount as determined by the Director of the Elder Conservatorium.
- The Prize shall be awarded by the Elder Conservatorium of Music to a Classical Pianoforte student in the Bachelor of Music program.
- Where two or more candidates are of equal merit the prize shall be shared equally.
- The candidate will be determined by an assessment of their final result for the Level I Classical Pianoforte performance course.
- No award shall be made if there is no candidate worthy of an award.
- The terms of the Prize may be varied by the University, provided that the title and general purpose of the Prize is not changed.