Australian Archaeology Prize
Whereas the Discipline of Classics has provided funds for an annual prize to reward outstanding performance and to encourage academic excellence in the area of Archaeology, the following rules are hereby made:
- There shall be a prize called The Australian Archaeology Essay Prize.
- The value of the prize shall be a book voucher valued at $75, unless otherwise determined by the Faculty.
- The prize shall be awarded annually to the student who attains the highest overall mark in an advanced level archaeology course.
- If in any particular year, the examiners consider that no candidate is worthy of the prize. Then no award shall be made.
- If in any particular year, the examiners consider that two or more candidates are of equal merit, the prize shall be divided equally between the candidates.
These rules may be varied from time to time, but the title and general purpose of the prize shall not be changed.