The Allison Nitschke Memorial Prize
(Please note: this prize is currently under review)
Whereas Lynette and Terry Nitschke have provided funding to the University to establish an annual prize in the Discipline of Geography, Environment and Population in memory of their daughter Allison, for the purpose of encouraging and rewarding excellence in the study of Level I Geography, the following rules are hereby made:
- There shall be a prize called "The Allison Nitschke Memorial Prize".
- The prize shall be in the form of a book voucher to the value of $200 and it shall be awarded annually.
- The prize shall be awarded to the student of Level I Geography, who in the opinion of the staff of the Discipline of Geography, Environment and Population, has attained the most outstanding overall result (reflecting exceptional commitment and dedication to the subject, attributes which characterised Allison Nitschke).
- If, in any particular year, the examiners consider that no candidate is suitable for the prize, then no award shall be made.
- If the examiners deem that two or more candidates are of equal merit, the prize shall be divided equally among those candidates.
- These rules may be varied from time to time by the Faculty, but the title and the purpose shall not be changed.