The Robin Lea Roberts Honours Prize for Roman/Latin Studies
The sum of $6,000 having been given to the University by Ms Margaret Pont and Professor John Roberts to provide for an annual prize in Honours Roman/Latin Studies. The prize is intended to commemorate their father - Robin Lea Roberts who studied Latin at the University (BA 1939, B Ec 1956):
- There shall be an annual prize called "The Robin Lea Roberts Honours Prize for Roman/Latin Studies".
- The value of the prize shall be $250, unless otherwise determined by the faculty.
- The prize shall be awarded to the student who attains the highest mark at Honours level in Roman/Latin studies.
- If the examiners consider that in any year there is no candidate suitable for the prize, then no award shall be made.
- If, in any particular year, the examiners deem that two or more candidates are of equal merit, the prize shall be divided equally amongst them..
- These rules may be varied from time to time, but the title and general purpose of the prize shall not be changed.