The Michael Robert Poag Scholarship
The Michael Robert Poag Scholarship is administered according to the following Rules:-
- The Scholarship is known as the “Michael Robert Poag Scholarship”.
- The value of the Scholarship is $1,000 per year or such other amount as the University shall from time to time determine provided that the value of the scholarship does not exceed the annual distribution of interest available from the Endowment Fund.
- The scholarship will be payable in two equal instalments direct to the student following confirmation of enrolment and satisfactory academic progress after each of the census dates (usually 31 March and 31 August each year)
- One scholarship will be awarded annually upon the recommendation of the Elder Conservatorium, to a student of classical guitar at the Elder Conservatorium.
- The scholarship shall be tenable for one year.
- The scholarship must be taken up in the year in which it is offered; acceptance of the scholarship offer cannot be deferred. If a student declines the scholarship offer, the scholarship will be offered to the next eligible student.
- If, the Director of the Elder Conservatorium believes no candidate is of sufficient merit, the scholarship shall lapse for that year and the income for that year shall be added to the capital sum of the trust fund.
- The scholarship will be terminated where:
- a student ceases to be enrolled in the approved program of study at the University
- a student has provided false or misleading information with regard to their personal details
- a student has failed to maintain satisfactory academic progress for two consecutive semesters
- a student is guilty of serious misconduct in terms of the University Policy Rules for Student Conduct in the University.
- The University may vary the rules from time to time in a manner consistent with the University’s legal obligations and policies.