The David Galliver Memorial Scholarship
In 2002 Mrs Annie Barnes gave to the University of Adelaide the sum of £5,000stg to fund a scholarship in memory of the late Professor David Galliver, the fifth Elder Professor of Music from 1966 to 1983.
The following rules are hereby made:
- The scholarship shall be known as “The David Galliver Memorial Scholarship”.
- The annual value of the scholarship shall be $1,000 and shall be tenable for one year.
- The scholarship will be awarded to a student of the Elder Conservatorium of Music for performance (any instrument or voice) on the recommendation of the Director of the Elder Conservatorium.
- The scholarship will be for studies in performance at postgraduate level (eg, MMus).
- It will be an entrance scholarship rather than restricted to students who are already enrolled at the School/Conservatorium.
- If there is no candidate of sufficient merit, the scholarship shall lapse for that year.
- The scholarship shall be administered by the Elder Conservatorium of Music.
- The scholarship must be taken up in the year in which it is offered; acceptance of the scholarship offer cannot be deferred. If a student declines the scholarship offer, the scholarship will be offered to the next eligible student.
- The scholarship will be terminated where:
- a student ceases to be enrolled in the approved program of study at the University;
- a student has provided false or misleading information with regard to their personal details;
- a student has failed to maintain satisfactory academic progress for two consecutive semesters;
- a student is guilty of serious misconduct in terms of the University Policy Rules for Student Conduct in the University.
- The rules of the Scholarship may be varied from time to time but the title and the purpose of the scholarship shall not be changed.